Designed exclusively for XFINITY TV on the X1 Platform, the XFINITY TV X1 Remote lets XFINITY TV customers use their iPhones to control their TVs like never before. The app is a replacement for the remote, but better. Customers can navigate XFINITY On Demand, search for programs, and tune to content without their actual remote. Newly added is the feature that allows you to issue voice commands to your TV.
• Tap the mic and say what you are looking for, without typing. See results appear on your TV immediately.
• Search for shows, movies, sports teams and channels using voice commands, e.g. “Find Big Bang Theory” or “When are the Sixers playing?”.
• Browse XFINITY On Demand content by asking for a specific genre or network, e.g. “Show me all NBC On Demand” or “Do you have any funny movies”.
• Get recommendations for what to watch by asking for “More like this” or “What should I watch?” or “What’s on tonight at 8?”.
• Suggestions for what to say can be found within Help.
Other X1 Remote Features
• Press the XFINITY button to open the main menu on your TV.
• Use the D-pad to navigate the guide.
• Swipe up and down to page up and page down.
• Add Shortcuts for frequently requested lists of XFINITY On Demand content.
What you’ll need
• XFINITY TV subscription
• XFINITY TV on the X1 Platform cable box
• Comcast ID or Comcast.net email address (Need your Comcast ID? goto http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/account/)
• Can’t access this app? Try the XFINITY TV Remote app to control your TV, set your DVR, browse XFINITY On Demand content.