Includes both translations, English and Spanish, and an extensive number of full definitions; all terms have been carefully classified and coded for easy understanding regardless of your expertise level. A truly affordable bilingual dictionary given its wide range of regional and colloquial terminology, this is a must within the medical field.
We developed the best tool for the traveler or researcher, and the only indispensable option for those working towards international certification.
Doctors and students alike understand the need for accurate translation and interpretation. Whether you need a reliable learning aid or a tool that will allow you to communicate with the international medical community, this dictionary will provide users with everything you need: anatomy, chemistry, biology, plus a large compendium of synonyms. Voice feature included for accurate pronunciation.
WORKS OFFLINE. Connection required only for images, voices and spell-check.
• New! You may also merge these Medical terms to our General Reference Dictionary in order to have a single application (General + Medical terms). Available as an In-app within the General Reference Dictionary.
• Natural-sounding voices for entries, definitions and examples in both languages (British and American English, European and American Spanish)
• Covers International, European, Latin American and Mexican Spanish. Covers American and British English.
• Embedded Tutorial.
• Words which are spelled identically in both languages are displayed twice in the List, marked with a flag at the side.
• Fuzzy Search: Detects misspelled words simultaneously in English and Spanish, offering close suggestions.
• Innovative “Scan Function” for conceptual search of idioms and related phrases.
• Vast and detailed database, with over 334,000 entries, 475,000 translations, 248,000 synonyms and 21,000 antonyms.
• Shake for random word display.
• Search History.
• Mark Favorite Words easily.
• Sync your favorites among your devices with Dropbox.
• Customize using available themes, background color, and font.
- Translations, Definitions, Synonyms, Antonyms, Pictures, Examples and Quotes
- Clear-cut separation of meanings, identified with WM’s “Descriptive Tags”
- Part of Speech and other grammar attributes: Noun, Verb, Adj, etc.
- Noun type classification: Concrete, Abstract, Animate, Animal, etc. *
- Color Code icon indicates word usage: Easy, Normal, Difficult or Technical
- Field Classification indicates area of usage: Zoology, Chemistry, Domestic, etc. - Idiomatic Use tags: Idiomatic, Slang, Figurative, Formal, Inf., etc.
- Colloquial words indicated with flag icon of each country
- On/Off display of slang, foreign or offensive words. Default ON.
- More than 6,300 color pictures help identify word meanings and context.
• Important Note: A translation dictionary typically includes translations only. However, ours include many definitions.
Voices powered by iSpeech.
So glad I got it
Muy bueno , util y practico
I use it everyday in the hospital and think its the best Spanish medical app I have seen.
Not bad at all.
It is fine... Too many English synonyms and examples and too few of the same en Español!
Es buena pero le faltan algunas cosas y algunas descripciones que no tiene, esta incompleta
I does work as a medical dictionary itself not only as a traductor
I really have enjoyed this app and recommend it to others who work in medical fields or just want to know more about their health. Very thorough and culturally on spot.
It's making school a little easier... It is surprisingly thorough. Great job, guys.
This has helped me so much in my field of radiology. I totally recommend this product to anyone. I am currently studying for a Computed Tomography registry exam and this app has come in handy. Not because of the translations but just because of the definitions and ease of use. The translations are a plus. There are many instances where I need a a translation for a radiological exam and I have no problem finding it here. Keep up the great work!!!!!! PS: I take the exam next week. I'll let you know the results. Lol.
As a medical Spanish interpreter, I often encounter obscure terms, but this dictionary has them all! I can't tell you how often it has saved me. Well worth it, and more comprehensive than even printed dictionaries I have!
Not too bad but needs more work...such as the definition for onfalógena from Spanish to English and what it is? Need more translations of equine medical terms....such as tramos en el intestino
Great App! Very useful for quick look ups! I use it every day. Well worth the $6.00!
Excellent for studying to quickly look up terms you don't recognize.
I am a currently student and I will get my certification as a skin therapist next year. I'm originally from Colombia so English is my second language. I was looking for some dermatology dictionary English - Spanish and they were so expensive. I'm so so happy I found this helpful application in my IPhone, which I can bring anywhere with me and just for almost 6.00 dollars. It really become your best friend . If you are in the health path and need a dictionary no doubt this is what u need :)
An excellent medical Spanish dictionary. Very useful in my busy practice
Real good for school basics and etc.
This app really surprised me. I felt that the initial price was too high but I followed it with AppShopper and snagged it while it was free. It is easy to navigate and very intuitive to use. It can pronounce the word and in some cases a phrase. It speedily goes to other words you touch on the screen and searches quickly. If you press on one of the words in the translation section or the synonyms section it quickly takes you to that word. It keeps a running history of what words you have recently looked at. I still have not figured out how to tag a word as a favorite.
Just what I was looking for. Better than the expensive ones.
Needs more definitions! Not much good in being able to pull up the words and not getting a definition. Money not well spent in my opinion. Hope this changes, for it had the potential to be an awesome app.
Just good... It needs Many definitions. It's No help to have a word with no definition. This app has the potential to be a five-star app but it needs a lot of work on definitions... Not too happy about having spent money on this app....yet hopefully.
I loved this app until Feb 2012 when an update rendered it useless. It keeps freezing now when doing searches. Restarting the app worked for while but no more. Now when restarting the app and then rebooting the iPad, the app remains frozen. It is completely unusable as I write this. I, hoping the developer finds out about this and comes up with a quick fix. My recommendation: don't buy the current version (11 March 2012).
This app was quite impressive when it was working. It has recently ceased to connect to any information. I guess it is time to get acquainted with their tech support. We will see how they respond!
This dictionary is adequate. Overpriced because it has a feature that charges an extra .99 on some entries if you want more examples.
Otras reseñas dicen que esta muy completo incluso en sus definiciones, están mintiendo no se dejen engañar de cada 10 palabras 3 tienen definiciones, le falta muchas actualizaciones para abarcar más. Ejemplo organofosforados organophosphorates y no dice nada más!
Will be very helpful when I go to Spain on my holidays. Well hopefully not to useful ;)
Very useful !!! Thanks for creating it!
It's great for when I can't quite think of the correct word to use.
Very useful app.
Just noticed the microphone for pronunciation. Would be useful in a bind in the clinic. Also good for learning medical Spanish.
Very handy for medical professionals.
Absolutely perfect! This is what I have been looking for and I can't believe I found such a high quality English-Spanish Medical Dictionary. Easy to use and well designed UI, well worth every penny. It has so many features and designed so intuitively for easy and quick reference use and for long term learning aid.
Google SearchView Details>
Google TranslateView Details>
Dictionary.com Dicti...View Details>
Dictionary.com Dicti...View Details>
Sky Guide: View Star...View Details>
iHandy Translator Pr...View Details>
The Night SkyView Details>
Dictionary.com Dicti...View Details>