Languages: English, French, Spanish
Seller: Exact Editions Ltd
• Added ByPlace - a new feature which can give you free content in certain geographical locations.
• Bug fixes and presentation tweaks.
Founded in 1925, Apollo is one of the world’s oldest and most highly respected magazines on the visual arts.
Published monthly (but with a summer double issue for July-August), it offers the greatest editorial diversity of any art magazine – covering everything from antiquities to contemporary work. Recent editions have included exclusive new photographic portraits of Grayson Perry by Derry Moore and reviews of the new Greek & Roman Galleries at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in a special collaborative edition with the museum.
International in scope, every edition of Apollo contains up-to-the-minute news from the art world with expert information on the market, authoritative guidance on collecting, and reviews and previews of exhibitions worldwide. Apollo is also the place to find searching interviews with major collectors and important personalities from the arts: recent highlights include Lord Rothschild on his major additions to the collection at Waddesdon Manor and the artist Richard Long talking about the inspiration for his projects.
Consistently regarded as the most prestigious and authoritative of all art magazines, Apollo is the media partner of choice for an impressive list of museums and institutions. Recent collaborative editions have included special issues in partnership with The J. Paul Getty Museum and The Yale Center for British Art.
The iPad/iPhone edition brings you selected pages from the latest issue as soon as it is published. Within the application you can upgrade to full access, which brings you every page of the issue and a searchable archive of back issues to July/August 2010. Issues are not sold individually - for the duration of your subscription you have access to every issue in this archive.
During your subscription you can sync back issues to your device. These will remain in place if your subscription expires, unless your device removes them (for example when running low on disk space). Re-downloading issues requires a current subscription.
• Swipe or tap the page edges to flip to next/previous page.
• Use the animated thumbnail view to flick through the pages.
• Pinch or double-tap pages to zoom.
• Switch between single or double-page view (iPad only).
• Search the current issue or (paid-only) the archive.
• Tap any page links to web sites, email addresses, phone numbers or maps.
• Tap contents-page links to jump to a particular article.
• Sync the latest issue to your device for offline reading (requires wi-fi).
• Sync additional back-issues by tapping the stars beside their names (requires wi-fi).
• Network connection required otherwise.
We recommend first running the app within a wi-fi area so it can sync the latest issue to your device - after that you can use it anywhere. Subscribers will receive new issues automatically via Newsstand.
In addition, please note the following standard features of auto-renewable iTunes subscriptions:
• Your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions will renew automatically unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. The price will depend on whether you have selected an annual or monthly subscription.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
and our terms of service here:
NYTimes for iPadView Details>
The Economist for iP...View Details>
Zinio – 5,000+ Dig...View Details>
New York PostView Details>
The New Yorker Magaz...View Details>
National Geographic ...View Details>
The Washington Post ...View Details>
TIME MagazineView Details>
The Wall Street Jour...View Details>