Languages: Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Chinese, Spanish, Chinese
Seller: GoSoftWorks Development Co.
- Native iOS 7 support
- New iOS 7 look
- Option to turn off screen text
- Improved responsiveness for iOS 7 on older devices.
- Automatic comet data updates
- Revised comet magnitude estimates
- Night mode improvements
***** As seen in Apple's iPad 2 event ***** Easily and quickly identify and locate stars, planets, comets, constellations, galaxies and more by simply pointing to the sky. Your personal telescope to the wonders in the night sky. Go outside and explore with GoSkyWatch Planetarium.
***** Featured on ABC's "The View"
***** Featured in "Wired" magazine
One download for your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. We don't think you should pay twice for the same app on a bigger screen.
--- What People Are Saying
"Powerful and easy to use, with excellent animation and the widest zoom range." — D.Schroeder, University professor
"GoSkyWatch Planetarium should not be missed regardless of whether you are a casual or hard-core fan of astronomy." — AppAdvice
"I have more than 10 astronomy apps on my iPhone and this is by far the best. Everything I need and easy to use." — Pat, iTunes reviewer
--- What makes GoSkyWatch different to other apps?
• Easy to use — No buttons to press or modes to select, just point to the sky to start exploring.
• Designed specially for efficient outdoor use.
• Touch free identification — Information pops up on screen as you move. Great for those cold nights with gloves on!
• Popup images — No need to keep zooming in and out just to see what is out there.
• Full 180 degree display — See at a glance what is in the sky and where without having to pan around.
• Don't need to hold level — Displays the sky view and information at the correct orientation when held at any angle not just landscape or portrait.
• Gyroscope compass auto calibration — No need to calibrate the gyroscope. Advanced adaptive algorithms for smooth and accurate positioning.
• Planets shown with relative brightness to stars — No oversized graphics that prevent you from distinguishing a planet from surrounding stars.
• Unique target identification — Touch drag scheme for greatest accuracy since your finger doesn't hide what you are trying to identify.
• Minimal on screen text — Stars and planets easier to identify since they are not covered by text.
• On screen object name, brightness and distance
• Contains all stars visible to the naked eye
• Light adjustment for viewing conditions
• Red light mode for night vision
• Touchless navigation even for the iPod touch without a compass.
• Looking for a planet, star, comet, constellation or galaxy? Just use the finder and let the arrow guide the way
• Search stars and DSOs sorted by name, distance or magnitude
• Moon phase calendar
• Sun rise/set times
• Day, sidereal and time lapse animation
• Over 200 images of planets and deep sky objects
• Messier and Caldwell catalogs with images
• Actual image taken of the Milky Way
• Below horizon display
• Look back in time with the birthday star search. Find out how old you were for the star light seen.
• Constellation images, boundaries and patterns
• Solar system, star, comet, DSO, constellation Wikipedia
• Ian Ridpath's constellation StarTales
• Interactive graphical ephemeris
• Planet, star, constellation and DSO ephemeris data
• High performance graphics
• Easy setup using auto location or built in city list
• Location favorites
* No internet connection required. Internet optionally used for auto location, viewing Wikipedia information and StarTales.
Many more enhancements to come as free updates.
* See web site for video demo
As someone that really knows nothing about space on a technical level, I completely enjoy this app...get it...you won't be disappointed!
Love this app! It beats a $500 computerized telescope!!
This app is really great. It shows everything I want & more, if I adjust the settings to see more. I have no complaints.
Very cool, solid app.
I enjoy using this and also teaching kids to look up and enjoy.
I use this at our local observatory on star party nights and when I observe alone. I have one concern and I contacted the developer about it. When you centered on an object there used to be 3 semi transparent panels which made the data very easy to read from the background info. I asked the developer about this and he told me it was Apple that made him change it and take the panels away. Those panels were one of the many reasons I bought this app. Why Apple did this is a mystery, I know that it is obvious that they did not use the app. Again it seems Apple knows better than we do about what works for us. All things said, I love the app, buy and support the developer. Go figure Apple...........
This is the one you have been looking for!!!
Best starry sky app. Perfect for visual learners and astronomy novices. ;-)
Bliss...life the universe and everything.
Use this app to line up my time lapse camera. Works perfect...
This app is so much fun, I love lying on my back in the summer, star gazing.
Interface is really good. Very useful & info is great!
This app is awesome for star gazing...and it is so easy to use!
I had no idea how much of the cosmos you can put on a phone. With this app you can finally picture the sky in your head and actually find objects very easily.
So easy to use. Accurate. Lots of information. The only one to get!
Excellent app! Love the night mode! Perfect tool for showing young students the wonders of the night sky!
This. Is. AWESOME!!!
Very cool ap. easy to identify stars, planets, any object shining in the sky.
1st timer...can't wait for tonight!
One of my favorite. I'm always outside pointing away learning the names of the many stars.
Really easy to use. Tons of useful info. I highly recommend it.
My little boy and I recently got a telescope, and this app has helped us find what we're looking for in the night sky without much ado.
Can I rate this 10/5? Simply the best sky map app ever. This app is so perfect! I love how it gives PLENTY of information about any object (planet, nebula, galaxy) such as when will the object show above you in your location. All in real time too. A must have app for sky watchers
A must have for space lovers
This app is a total lifesaver for me as an astrophotographer. It helps me plan nighttime photo shoots by letting me know where constellations are going to be on certain nights and even if the moon's light will be a factor by showing its position in the sky.
I just love looking at it every night.
Gorgeous and fully realized, this is one beautiful and thoroughly useful app. It works beautifully!
Gorgeous and fully realized, this is one beautiful and thoroughly useful app. It works beautifully!
Great app fun and educational for the family
Really great. Super easy to use. Wish I had got it years ago.
Unbelievable! So much information and easy to use.
Awesome and easy to operate
I've always enjoyed looking for different stars, planets, and learning about alignments in the sky. Wow, this made everything so easy! I can't believe how fast I can look for star alignments now. I wish I found it a long time ago.
Has everything you need with no wasteful fluff.
Awesome app to help you find comets, stars, planets and any celestial body. Very well thought out with oodles of options. Must have to aid in star gazing on a camping trip or help line up your binoculars or telescope in your own back yard.
I really like this app. Now I have something to do while the dog is in the backyard at night!
This app is everything that it says it is. Truly perfect!
This app is just cool . Works very well. Worth every penny I spent on it.
This is what portable digital technology has promised us. I am awestruck.
Nice app love it
Excellent app if you know how to use it :)
This app just keeps getting better. Still have to try some of the settings and features, but for just finding objects and planets at a, glance it is wonderful.
Love it! But I do wonder what the neighbors think, with me in the backyard holding my iPad up to the sky.
Makes star-gazing a breeze.
Don't need to be an astrophysicist to use this...nor an astronomer...just point it to the sky and it easily displays what you're seeing...my kind of sky gazing...
I was just looking for an app to track the ISON comet and went with this based off of reviews. This app is so much more than I hoped for. Very easy to use and we'll worth the few bucks. Provides so much information. Only down side is my kids found out and now they are hogging my iPhone:)
I absolutely love this app. I use it almost every night. Just wish I had a waterproof iPad for the hot tub!
Go sat watch is also an amazing app. I would have paid triple what they were asking for go sky watch. It makes pointing a computer less telescope a freaking snap. All it really needs is to override the whole phone screen red to save night vision. That would make this app absolutely perfect.
Intuitive, clean, smooth scrolling app. Very user friendly and easy to customize settings. Large and detailed database. This was created by someone who loves stargazing. If you have any interest at all, whether a couch browser or outdoors under the stars, this app is all you need to learn about the night time sky.
Very fun. Hard to understand how to use at first, but a well worth it must have buy.
Great App - all the bells and whistles, yet easy to use and intuitive interface. I've had this app for years and they just keep making it better!
I've used other star map products and this is one of the better ones.
I like the new sleek design but you got rid of one if the most useful features of GoSkyWatch for astronomers - color icon differentiation of the different deep sky objects. That was why I dumped all the other astronomy apps to use GoSkyWatch in the first place. The different colored icons allowed me to quickly identify and choose objects I wanted to view or photograph with my telescope. You should reconsider adding back different colored icons for the different DSO types in addition to the different icon shapes. In crowded sections of the sky, it's very difficult to quickly figure out what's there as it's a mesh of different shaped purple icons. That fix would earn back the 5th star the this app could easily deserve.