Seller: QxMD Software Inc.
- added: ACC/AHA CV Risk Calculator
- added: Asymptomatic ICA (Internal Carotid Artery) Stenosis Surgical Risk Stratification
From the maker of the apps 'Read', 'The ECG Guide' and 'Pedi STAT' comes 'Calculate', a next-generation clinical calculator and decision support tool, freely available to the medical community.
"We recommend medical users try the free Calculate by QxMD first..."
-from iMedicalApps review "The best free Medical Calculator apps for the iPhone"
'Calculate' is focused on highlighting tools which are actually useful in clinical practice and serve to impact diagnosis, treatment or determining prognosis.
Helping you make decisions, not just calculate numbers...
• Developed by a collaboration of clinician experts from diverse backgrounds
• Point-of-care tools in the areas of cardiology, internal medicine, nephrology, general practice, hematology, gastroenterology, emergency medicine, oncology, orthopedics, respirology, neurology, neurosurgery, general surgery and obstetrics.
• Converts recent research publications into practical handheld tools - knowledge translation at its best
• Automatically adapts to your self-described clinical practice
• Unique ‘Question Flow’ technology gets you answers, fast
• Detailed references with Pubmed integration
• Comprehensive and insightful results
• Elegant design and intuitive interface
• SI and Imperial units
More than 150 Unique calculators and Decision Support tools
While too extensive to list them all, here is a small sampling of included content:
Reduce and predict perioperative complications
• WHO Surgical Safety Checklist
• Predictive models for cardiac surgery and coronary angiography
• Determine cardiovascular risk and guide lipid treatment using the Framingham and Reynolds Risk Scores
• Use the CHADS2 score to guide treatment in atrial fibrillation
• Better understand the risk of bleeding from anticoagulation in atrial fibrillation
• ACS using the TIMI risk score
• Burns with rule of 9s and Parkland formula
• Hypernatremia (calculate water deficit)
• Heart failure
• Myelodysplastic Syndrome
• Chemotherapy based on Body Surface Area
• Carboplatin based on AUC
• tPA in acute stroke
• Phenytoin in renal failure and hypoalbuminemia
• Ideal body weight, BMI and BSA
• Due date and gestational age
• Extensive formula used in echocardiogropathy and invasive hemodynamic monitoring
• Kt/V in dialysis patients
• eGFR with CKD-Epi, Cockcroft-Gault, and MDRD
• A-a gradient
• Angina (CCS)
• Congestive heart failure (NYHA)
• Head, neck, ankle and knee injuries
• DVT and PE
• Pulmonary nodules
• Lung cancer
• Renal cell carcinoma
• TTKG (transtubular potassium gradient) in hypokalemia and hyperkalemia
• Heparin Induced Thrombocytopenia
• Infective Endocarditis
• Autoimmune Hepatitis
And much, much more...
Founded my medical professionals, QxMD Software is dedicated to creating high quality, point-of-care tools for practicing health care professionals. Recognized as a leading developer of free medical software for mobile devices, QxMD develops content in cooperation with expert physicians from their respective fields.
Very comprehensive Makes life so much easier on the office
Better than most calculators I have used. Please consider adding Calgary syncope score and Goldman Pre-operative Risk score.
1.Please add to AFib - the ATRIA stroke risk score And as previously requested include: 2.HATCH score to predict profession of parox to persistent AFib (jacc 2010, crijns)
Accurate and in depth explanations of calculations, easy to use interface, comprehensive and organized list of calculations. Must have app for students and residents.
Very useful app for the nephrologist.
Use it frequently. Full of information from the common the rare and uncommon. Very handy App!
Like the app but hate e mailing myself the article. Would be great if could send the article directly into my PDF reader app from inside this app.
Muy útil y práctica, excelente!
broad spectrum helpful app when you need it
It is a very useful app especially when I am in rush.
Great program, works straight forward. I use this program on a regular basis. No problems ever on either iPhone or Droid platforms
Best calc app
Excellent apps, useful for daily practice. Hope that they will expand the coverage for more sub specialty detailed scoring systems.
Very useful app for third year. User friendly, fast. Please add urine output/fluid requirements for peds and adults.
Wow why didn't I get this sooner!? Definite must for any pharmacist.
I love this app! Useful, practical, relevant.
Can't open since update
Auto-updated and now crashes at open. Needs quick fix, ASAP
Won't open without crashing despite just updating the app
New update won't open, crashes.
Please name the specific score or source of these computations
Very nice interface, clean, ads aren't too bothersome. I use it a lot but occasionally will look for scales to calculate and be unable to find them like the APACHE II. It's also *very* deficient for standard psychiatry scales like SLUMS, mini-mental status, PHQ-9, and other scales that all med students and many physicians from multiple specialties use routinely.
I've got a couple of medical calculators, this and Mediquations. Would recommend getting both as sometimes one has an equation you need, but not the other.
I got it by recommendation of Terry shaneyfelt on you tube channel.its great & has all features for researchers & Med students to drool over .keep up the good work guys & Thank You
Great for if you need to calculate anything in your practice and/or discipline of medicine. Awesome app!
Just a great apps
Helps in surgery
Excellent app. The best I have used so far. Thank you
Great application... It is most expeditious means of reviewing a patient's risk for CAD at the time of a visit.. patients are very satisfied.
I m dr adil I do love these programs thanks for your efforts
Great app! Easy to use!
Good app; very useful
Truly helpful when Im cooking in the kitchen and when Im at work converting meds
I found the one! The best companion so far in my daily tour with suffering patients
Good study tool.
Thanks allot ever body
Cool oncology calculators.
Great tool for any practice. Great cardiology tools!
Awesome app to assist in assessing risk factors/scores in your patients.
I have been using QX calculate extensively while working for the Hospital Medicine Service. The app runs well. The calculations are useful and easy to use. Definitely recommend this app for professionals taking care of Medicine patients.
Only been using the app for 2 wks but my associates are very interested in adding the app. jfh
Great little app. As a surgical PA I use it quite often. It's a time saver.
Er resident use it fair amount very useful
Great tool and very practical
It operates fairly well. I might have categorized things a bit differently, and included other popular formulas. Yet it is still very useful.
My Baby's Beat - Hea...View Details>