Languages: Dutch, English, French, German, Spanish
Seller: AssistiveWare B.V.
Proloquo4Text 1.1 offers three brand-new bilingual American Spanish and English Text to Speech voices permitting bilingual users to speak with the exact same voice in Spanish and English. They include one adult male voice (Rodrigo/Rod) and two children’s voices (Emilio and Valeria). These bilingual children’s voices are an industry-first co-developed by Acapela Group, AssistiveWare and Tobii Technology.
Version 1.1 also includes several other new voices: Robot (French specialty voice), Scott (genuine American English teenage boy voice), Nizar (British English male voice) and Monika (Polish female voice)
Based on user feedback we have also increased the size of the play button as well as the other icons.
Proloquo4Text 1.1 also includes support for using the word prediction with an external Bluetooth keyboard, the ability to add selected text from the Text Pad to the Phrases Quick Block and 30 smaller enhancements and fixes.
Proloquo4Text™ is a text‑based communication app that gives a voice to people who cannot speak. It offers a customizable single screen layout for easy conversation, free natural-sounding voices in 15 languages, word and sentence prediction, social media sharing, and more.
“Proloquo4Text is a very intuitive text-to-speech app that puts the user in control. Next generation word and sentence prediction immediately make this app stand out. Powerful communication tools can be used to compose messages in record time. Another excellent, full featured AAC app from AssistiveWare which will be backed up with their usual incredible technical support.” - Jane Farrall, Consulting Speech Pathologist
Proloquo4Text’s unique features make it the premier Augmentative and Alternative Communication solution for literate children, teenagers and adults, including people with autism, cerebral palsy, developmental disabilities, apraxia, ALS/MND, laryngectomy, stroke, or traumatic brain injury.
Communicate with ease
• Speak using single screen access to words, phrases and keyboard
• Create, save and organize commonly used phrases
• Reduce typing with advanced, self-learning PolyPredix™ word prediction
• Type once and say it again with history and sentence prediction
• Decide when you speak with play, pause and speak as you type
Customize to fit your needs
• Individualize the screen layout to match your communication style
• Adjust appearance (font, color, text size) to your liking
• Configure prediction, abbreviation expansion and privacy settings
• Enhance visual feedback with optional sentence or word highlighting
• Add character and humor to your conversations with free specialty voices
• Access with Switch Control (iOS 7 only) or VoiceOver
Speak your language
• Download free natural-sounding Acapela voices within Proloquo4Text
• Pick from 95 voices in 15 languages: English (US, UK, Australia, India), Spanish (Spain and Mexico), French (France and Canada), German, Dutch (Netherlands and Belgium), Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, Italian, Turkish, Catalan, Czech, Finnish, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil)
• Choose English, Spanish, French, German or Dutch as your user interface language
• Switch languages on the fly
Share your world
• Send email, messages, tweets and Facebook posts from Proloquo4Text
• Write in Proloquo4Text and copy your text into another app
• Listen to text by pasting into Proloquo4Text
Take your voice anywhere
• Use Proloquo4Text on your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad or iPad mini
• Communicate without an Internet connection
AssistiveWare® is the developer of Proloquo2Go®, an award-winning symbol-based communication app that provides a voice to over 75,000 individuals around the world.
Read more about Proloquo4Text at www.assistiveware.com/products/proloquo4text
Note that educational institutions can get a 50% discount if they purchase 20 or more licenses through Apple’s Volume Licensing Program for Education.
I've been searching for the perfect "text to speech" app for my non verbal teenager with Autism ever since we got our first iPad. I was tempted for so long by Proloquo2Go - but my child's strength is text based communication - the interest for picture communication just isn't there. This app checked all the boxes of "must haves" I was pleased with how intuitively it was to set up and use and my child has not only adjusted well but continues to amaze us every day. This app is a tool and it requires support, dedication and commitment to everyone in your child's life. I love the "history" feature where I can see what my child has been saying throughout the day. Our teacher has been able to customize it for different tasks and subjects at school. Everyone is thrilled at how quickly we have been able to enhance communication using this app.
I heard álot about proloquo2go and was bummed out cause I couldn't get it, then I saw this app, less expensive you finally put me at ease
This is the app I have been waiting for! I had been using a combination of three or four different apps to accomplish my various word prediction and communication needs. They each did something I needed fairly well but not great. Proloquo4text, though, does everything I need and more, and it does so with stellar results. Thank you for making this app everything I need. I do hope, however, that they will consider not quite doubling the price. Personally I think $64.99 is almost the ideal price, maybe a bit more, but I think some of these apps are out of the price range of those who need them most.
As a big fan of Proloquo2Go I was very excited to give Proloquo4Text a try. I have to say I am very impressed!! This is the best text to speech system I've used! I love the quick phrases and all of the other pre stored phrases. Very easy to edit and save things from your history. It has amazing word and sentence prediction. Highly recommended for anyone looking for a text to speech app for any ios device!
My Baby's Beat - Hea...View Details>