Languages: English, Spanish
Seller: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Fixed an app crashing issue when upgrading from version 1 to version 2.
- Fixed an issue when sharing from Twitter.
The CDC Influenza application for clinicians and other health care professionals makes it easier than ever to find CDC’s latest recommendations and influenza activity updates on your iPad. The application is one of an expanding collection of applications from CDC on a variety of specific topics, each optimized for your mobile device. Now you can have topical CDC content wherever you go. When your device is connected, the content is updated automatically so you always have the most up-to-date information. You can personalize your experience with features like highlighting, annotations, and bookmarks to suit your own needs. Share the content with others through social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
CHECK OUT THESE FEATURES:
- View updated information on national flu activity
- Find influenza vaccination recommendations endorsed by CDC and the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP)
- Obtain information on diagnosis and treatment of influenza, including antiviral treatment recommendations by CDC and the ACIP
- Obtain information on laboratory testing for influenza
- Find CDC recommendations on influenza infection control
- View videos of CDC subject matter experts discussing influenza topics
- Order official CDC designed print products for posting in the workplace or distributing to patients.
For more information please visit Information for Health Professionals
Very good resource for general information but unfortunately several weeks out of date for flu activity. This is a shame because that is what a busy doc would most like. Clicking "update" doesn't load latest data. So that's not the problem. Five stars if they fix this bug.
Our tax dollars not at work. This app hasn't been updated since August of 2013. All data and content is outdated. When you open the app it says "Updating Content" with the spinning wheel that never stops and never downloads anything. Waste of time and memory. Would be a valuable resource if they'd keep up with it during the flu season.
Won't open at all since update. Just crashes. Even before update it was not very useful as data was old & there was no news about latest news about flu in Asia.
symptoms include: - launches with a blank screen only - content updates fail every time Vzn iPhone 4S, IOS 6.1.3, not jailbroken. Reliable, fast Internet connection. Do not waste your time until they fix it.
Whenever the app is opened it freezes in an "updating" mode for several minutes, then says "unable to update" but immediately tries again, and again, and again.
Data presented is dated November, 2012. Today's date is January 9, 2013.
Two stars for stability and ease of use. The info is 3 weeks old and I can't seem to enlarge the graphs to make the legible. Need to make the app more current than the desktop version for real time out of office viewing.
Very nicely written app. Bravo to CDC or making this avail. Helpful to me as a public health official. Recommended. Stable on ios6 so far.
Sleep Cycle alarm cl...View Details>
7 Minute Workout Cha...View Details>
Smart Alarm Clock: s...View Details>
All-in Fitness by Sp...View Details>
Yoga.com Studio: 300...View Details>
Running for Weight L...View Details>
Ultra FitnessView Details>
Fitness Buddy : 1700...View Details>
Instant Heart Rate -...View Details>