Eat Italy … wait, no passport? No plane ticket? … No worries!
“Beyond the Pasta” brings you directly into the heart of an authentic Italian family’s kitchen in the historic region of Rome. Author Mark Leslie carries the excitement from his book “Beyond the Pasta: Recipes, Language & Life with an Italian Family” into this app as he brings you the “real deal” – family-style Italian recipes he learned while in Italy. No jarred sauce here!
“Living and cooking in Italy with an Italian family was an inspiring experience. Next, add that my cooking teacher was the grandmother (Nonna) and – WOW! Fantastico! Grab a couple of fresh ingredients and let me put Nonna’s knowledge to use in your kitchen.” –Mark Leslie
With the occasional help of Nonna, Mark will show you that authentic Italian cooking isn’t about a heaping plate of pasta. In fact, he takes you beyond the pasta to show that it is about good, fresh, and easy to find ingredients, so simply prepared, that it will encourage you to bring your family to the table and change a life one meal at a time. Buonissimo!
Smartly formatted for both the iPhone and the iPad, this easy to use app with over 100 videos and photos, combined, will have your eyes and appetite begging for more!
• Complete support for both iPhone and iPad (iOS 3.2 and greater only)
• iPad version works in both profile and landscape orientations
• Helpful video descriptions
• Cooking tips (text & video) with insightful techniques from both Mark and Nonna’s kitchens
• Ideas about what to stock in your own pantry to make Italian cooking a breeze
• Info about what fresh herbs to grow and keep within arm’s reach
• 5 courses of authentic recipes: Appetizers, Pasta & Rice, Meat & Fish, Vegetable Side Dishes and Desserts
• PLUS, the iPad version’s unique design capitalizes on the device’s ability to go into the kitchen as an instructor, while the in-your-hand iPhone version is a quick and fun way to keep you “Beyond the Pasta” inspired at all times.
Easy to follow instructions will have even the most culinary-challenged saying, “Hey, I can make this – Grazie, Mark and Brava, Nonna!”