Seller: iCode, Inc.
You may need to delete the previous version from your device and re-install if upgrading!
English to Greek Mode!
Other minor bug fixes.
This resourceful study tool contains over 1,000 of the most common words in the Hebrew Bible and is compatible with most popular Hebrew grammars.
Special price for the Evangelical Theological Society 64th Annual Meeting! Take advantage of our discount between now and November 30!
Old Testament Hebrew Vocabulary Cards is the most convenient way to increase your biblical Hebrew vocabulary. Based on Miles Van Pelt’s extremely popular printed flashcards, it includes all words that occur 30 times and more in the Hebrew Bible, as well as a number of other common or popular words. With this app, you can study these words arranged by their associated chapter in your Hebrew grammar, frequency, part of speech, and more. Now you never have to leave home without your Hebrew flashcards! It serves as an excellent resource for both new students, as well as those that have had Hebrew, but want to renew their studies.
Summary of Features:
- Over 1,000 of the most common biblical Hebrew words
- Cards linked to 6 popular Hebrew grammars
- Sortable by chapter (in related grammars), frequency, and part of speech
- Viewable alphabetically, by frequency, or randomly
- Test your knowledge with a “Quiz Mode” that tracks your progress
Detailed Description of Features:
This program allows you to filter and sort your vocabulary cards in a number of helpful ways. If you are just beginning your study of biblical Hebrew, you can view the cards according to their respective chapter in the grammar you are using. Or, if you are further along in your study, sort your cards by frequency or part of speech. Once you are more familiar with the cards, you can quiz yourself, while the program tracks your right and wrong answers. Additionally, the “Sharing” feature allows you to easily tell your friends and fellow students about the application.
The following grammars are supported:
(If you would like to add an additional grammar, please let us know!)
- Basics of Biblical Hebrew, by Gary D. Pratico & Miles V. Van Pelt
- Introducing Biblical Hebrew, Allen P. Ross
- Beginning Biblical Hebrew, Mark David Futato
- A Modern Grammar for Biblical Hebrew, Duane A. Garrett and Jason S. DeRouchie
- A Grammar for Biblical Hebrew, C. L. Seow
- Invitation to Biblical Hebrew, Russell Fuller and Kyoungwon Choi
- With more to come!
Zondervan and iCode are committed to providing you the best flashcard tool possible. If you have suggestions on how to improve it, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We will do our best to include the most helpful suggestions in future releases.