---- YOU CAN FIND THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS APPLICATION VIA THE NET AT WIKIPEDIA.COM----
Engineering is the discipline, art and profession of acquiring and applying technical, scientific and mathematical knowledge to design and implement materials, structures, machines, devices, systems, and processes that safely realize a desired objective or inventions.
Historically the main Branches of Engineering are categorized as follows:
1. Aerospace engineering - The design of aircraft, spacecraft and related topics.
2. Chemical engineering - The exploitation of chemical principles in order to carry out large scale chemical processing, as well as designing new specialty materials and fuels.
3. Civil engineering - The design and construction of public and private works, such as infrastructure (roads, railways, water supply and treatment etc.), bridges and buildings.
4. Electrical engineering - The design of electrical systems, such as transformers, as well as electronic goods.
5. Mechanical engineering - The design of physical or mechanical systems, such as engines, powertrains, kinematic chains, vacuum technology, and vibration isolation equipment.