Languages: English, German
Seller: Blackstone Audio, Inc
• Fixed an issue where trivia and wordsearch games were not displaying properly
Expand your enjoyment of literature with ANIMAL FARM by George Orwell (unabridged). This interactive mash-up experience contains a multitude of features and content to help take you beyond the words, by providing a 5-star professional reading, background ‘extras’, games, and more.
NOTE: This app is fully accessible, and includes support for VoiceOver.
George Orwell’s classic allegorical work, winner of a retrospective Hugo award in 1996, utilizes a seemingly innocent plot to create one of the most powerful satires on Soviet Russia in publication today. Originally entitled Animal Farm: A Fairy Story, Orwell’s fourth novel appears to merely be the story of a group of animals on a farm who rise up against the control of the farmer.
Orwell was a devoted Democratic Socialist but a vehement critic of Stalin and his regime. Animal Farm is a meticulous allegory of the historical events which led to Stalin’s take over of the USSR. From the exile of Snowball (Leon Trotsky) to the animal’s symbol of “The Horn and Hoof” (not unlike the Hammer and Sickle) Orwell’s work makes his point regarding the wrongs committed by Stalin and his regime shockingly obvious. It is for this reason that Animal Farm has remained as popular an example of anti-Stalinist literature today as it was 1945.
Self-contained, this app is perfect for your commute, on a trip, or while relaxing. This app was built especially for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, meaning it fits your device perfectly. The audio is of higher-than-normal quality, making for a great listening experience that will not tire your ears or grate on your nerves.
This was professionally recorded at the Blackstone Audio studios by professional narrator Ralph Cosham.
• EXPERIENCE. About 3.0 hours of narration. Created on the Folium enhancedAudio™ framework, this app includes extra functions and features not found in either e-book readers or audiobook players.
• PLAY IT YOUR WAY. Listening at home or the office? Tap into remote speakers with AirPlay.
• SCORE BIG. Enjoy word search puzzles and trivia games, based on the story, characters, genre, and author biography.
• CONTROL IT. The audio player offers multi-speed fast forward/reverse, jump ahead/back, chapter skip, volume control, plus a one-touch chapter browser. The ‘scrub’ bar let’s you point anywhere inside a chapter with just a tap, and now you can shake‘n’pause to temporarily halt playback instantly without looking at the screen.
• SLEEP TIMER. Have you ever fallen asleep watching TV or listening to a book? If so, you'll love this feature. Once set, the playback will stop, place a bookmark, and allow you to jump back to where you probably began dozing.
• OFFLINE LISTENING. You are airline-approved! Once you’ve downloaded the app, you’re free from the threat of an interrupted connection. Downloads usually take just 5-10 minutes, but depend upon your network speed.
• CLEAR & ELEGANT DESIGN. Simple, clean, intuitive, and intelligent.
• CHAPTER TIMINGS. Always know how much time it will take to finish a chapter. Plus, the progress bar at the top of the screen shows how far into the recording you’ve come.
• AUTO-BOOKMARKING. The player remembers where you stopped listening and returns to that exact spot when you open the app again.
• TELL-A-FRIEND. An easy way to recommend the book to your friends.
• FEEDBACK. Share your ideas for functions, and features. We are very responsive to our listeners and appreciate all feedback and ideas.
• GET MORE. Other titles that you might enjoy are updated over time, helping you find that next great experience to enjoy.
RATING: Suitable for adults who enjoy political allegories, or the works of the prolific George Orwell.